As per Mayor Pankonin’s Three-Phased Plan for Reopening Enid’s Economy, the Enid Public Library is set to re-open Monday, June 1st at 9:00 AM during Phase II.
Here’s what we are doing to protect you and our staff:
- Shields are being placed at public service desks.
- All staff will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Sanitizing and spraying down of high-touch surfaces will take place every hour.
- Self check-in for books and other items will be located in the library lobby. Our outside book drop is open as usual, 24/7.
- Self check-out is encouraged at our kiosks. Staff will be available for those who need assistance.
- We are following all CDC guidelines for social distancing.
- We are limiting persons in the building at 50% capacity until further notice.
What you can do to protect yourself, public library staff, and others:
- Maintain at least 6-feet between yourself and others for CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes.
- The CDC recommends the use of masks in public settings. Masks are recommended and encouraged.
Other services and changes:
- Welcome Desk: A new welcome desk is located just inside the front doors of the library lobby. Staff is available to direct customers to check-in, library card sign ups, help finding books, computer reservations, and more. Please stop at the desk upon entering the library. We’d love to welcome you back!
- Senior Hours: Special hours for seniors will be Monday-Saturday from 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Computer Reservations: A limited number of computers will be available for use with a reservation policy. Walk-ins are permitted, but computer access cannot be guaranteed for that day. Please call us at 580-234-6313 to guarantee your time slot. You are allotted one 90-minute session with no time extension, at this time. Early log off results in loss of remaining computer time for the day and another reservation will have to be made.
- Curbside Delivery: Curbside delivery of holds and reserves will be offered indefinitely. Reserves can be placed online or by phone at 580-234-6313. Contact us when you are in the alley between the library and post office and we will bring your items out to you.
- Lounge: Our first-floor lounge will remain closed.
- Study & Meeting Rooms: Our study rooms will remain locked, and no meeting room reservations are being accepted until further notice.
- Copy Station: Copying and scanning are self-serve. Staff will be available to assist while maintaining 6-foot distance.
- Furniture: Furniture, including tables and chairs, have been removed from all public areas until further notice.
- Toys: All toys and iPads have been removed from the children’s area until further notice.
- Library Events: No library events or programs will be held within the library building until further notice, with a few exceptions of events being held on the library lawn (maintaining social distancing). Summer reading events will be held virtually on Facebook, Google Classroom, and Zoom. Check out our summer events on our online calendar.
- Charging Station: We have a charging station available for the public. All items will be placed within the charging station by public library staff wearing personal protective equipment.
- Book Drops: The outside book drop will be open, as usual. The book drop inside will operate as a self check-in only and can be found at the Welcome Desk immediately upon entering the building.
- Donations: We are not accepting any donations at this time.
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday-Saturday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Cleaning Materials Policy
All materials checked-in will automatically be wiped down with a CDC approved cleaner before being held in quarantine for 72 hours. They will then be placed back on the shelf.
Staff will handle all returned material with gloves.
We ask that you do not wipe down any library material with Clorox wipes as they will break down the protective coating on our books. Remember to wash your hands for at least 20-seconds after handling any material and avoid touching your face.
In addition to materials, we are regularly sanitizing and cleaning high-touch surfaces in high-traffic areas every hour.
Don’t forget about our digital resources!
Not comfortable coming into the library? Don’t forget about our two digital libraries, Overdrive and Hoopla. We also have online learning tools available 24/7 on our website. And as always, we are available by phone to help in any way we can. Call us at 580-234-6313.