Updated: September 2, 2020
As per Mayor Pankonin’s Three-Phased Plan for Reopening Enid’s Economy, the Enid Public Library is set to re-open Monday, June 1st at 9:00 AM during Phase II.
Here’s what we are doing to protect you and our staff:
- Shields are being placed at public service desks.
- All staff will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment.
- Sanitizing and spraying down of high-touch surfaces are periodically done every day.
- Our book drops are open. A 24/7 book drop is located outside in the alley between the library and post-office.
- Self check-out is encouraged at our kiosks. Staff will be available for those who need assistance.
- We are following all CDC guidelines for social distancing.
What you can do to protect yourself, public library staff, and others:
- Maintain at least 6-feet between yourself and others for CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Cover any coughs and sneezes.
- The CDC recommends the use of masks in public settings. Masks are recommended and encouraged. If attending an in-library event, masks covering nose and mouth are required.
Other services and changes:
- Curbside Delivery: Curbside delivery of holds and reserves will be offered indefinitely. Reserves can be placed online or by phone at 580-234-6313. Contact us when you are in the alley between the library and post office and we will bring your items out to you.
- Lounge: Our first-floor lounge will remain closed.
- Study Rooms: Limited study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign up at the library service desk.
- Meeting Rooms: Meeting room use is unavailable at this time.
- Copy Station: Copying and scanning are self-serve. Staff will be available to assist while maintaining 6-foot distance.
- Furniture: Furniture is limited. Only one person/per available table is allowed.
- Toys: All toys and iPads have been removed from the children’s area until further notice.
- Library Events: Limited events with a 10-person limit are available in-library. Masks covering nose and mouth are required if attending the in-library event. Virtual options are available for many of our events as well. Visit our website at enid.okpls.org/events.
- Donations: We are not accepting any donations at this time.
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday-Saturday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Cleaning Materials Policy
All materials checked-in will automatically be wiped down with a CDC approved cleaner before being held in quarantine for 72 hours. They will then be placed back on the shelf.
Staff will handle all returned material with gloves.
We ask that you do not wipe down any library material with Clorox wipes as they will break down the protective coating on our books. Remember to wash your hands for at least 20-seconds after handling any material and avoid touching your face.
In addition to materials, we are regularly sanitizing and cleaning high-touch surfaces in high-traffic areas daily.
Don’t forget about our digital resources!
Not comfortable coming into the library? Don’t forget about our two digital libraries, Overdrive and Hoopla. We also have online learning tools available 24/7 on our website. And as always, we are available by phone to help in any way we can. Call us at 580-234-6313.